Every time you link your account WhatsApp In another version of the application, the messaging platform does not send you a notification indicating that you have registered your account on another device, something that would be very useful to know if someone is reviewing your personal or group conversations.
The “Multi-device” mode of WhatsApp is a tool under development that will allow you to link your account on another cell phone, the native application for tablets (coming soon), WhatsApp Web and Desktop, all will work independently of the main smartphone, what does this mean? ? it means that you will be able to continue chatting if your phone has no internet connection or you turn it off (previously your account was closed automatically if this happened).
Although the aforementioned mode is very useful so that you no longer waste time scanning QR codes when you link your account to the aforementioned devices, especially if they are for personal use, they are also a danger to the security and privacy of conversations, since that if you neglect your cell phone they could scan your account on any other computer without you knowing, remember that WhatsApp does not notify.
The guide to know if someone is using your WhatsApp account
You will not need to download external programs, WhatsApp It has a function for you to discover where your WhatsApp account has been opened and if they have been using it in real time. Do you want to know how to access this section? from Depor we will explain it immediately. Take note.
- First, check that WhatsApp do not have pending updates.
- Now, open the application and click on the icon of the three vertical points that are located in the upper right corner.
- Several options will be displayed, touch the one that says “Paired devices”.
- The next step is to locate yourself in the “Device Status” section, below you will see all the computers where your WhatsApp account was opened or remains open and you have not noticed.
- You will get a browser icon in the case of WhatsApp Web, and the Windows or MacOs operating system in the case of WhatsApp Desktop.
- In addition, the status of your account will appear, if they are using it in real time it will highlight “Active session”, otherwise it will show the date and time of the last connection.
- To remove access to your account, just tap on any device you don’t recognize and click on “Log out”.
These are the new features that WhatsApp announced in the last week
- Survey: It has already reached the application for iOS and Android users, even in the WhatsApp Web and Desktop versions. Basically you will be able to create a poll that contains up to twelve multiple choices, which will be updated as the members of a group or community cast their votes.
- Contact card: It is still in the development stage and will first be tested on the Beta version of WhatsApp. What will this option do? is a tool that will allow you to create a digital business card from the aforementioned instant messaging platform, where you will add your phone number, address, email, etc.
- audio states: just as you can post texts, photos and videos in WhatsApp states, it will also be possible to add voice notes of up to 30 seconds maximum. At the moment only available in the Beta program.
- Call History: all the calls you receive or make through the mobile application will also be automatically recorded in the WhatsApp Desktop side taskbar.
- auto mute: in order to reduce the massive receipt of notifications, WhatsApp groups with 256 or more members will be automatically silenced.
- WhatsApp official chat: WhatsApp Desktop has included an official chat, this will be in charge of sending you news, advice and other information from the company.
- Profile photo in group chats: It is likely that you belong to a group conversation and you do not know all the members of the group, it means that suddenly you have added some as a contact, while others have not. If you haven’t registered someone and they send a message, you won’t know who it is, so with the new change their profile picture will appear on the left side of the message or voice note.