The news lenovo ThinkPad Z13 and Lenovo ThinkPad Z16 they embark on a contemporary design philosophy aimed at a different audience of business users. The striking new design reflects changing attitudes towards technology, its impact on the environment and the origins of the basic components. The design is not only intended to provide premium individualistic color accents like gunmetal and arctic grey, but also offers more sustainable materials like recycled aluminum, or recycled vegan black leather. Sustainability extends to packaging made from 100% recyclable and compostable bamboo and sugarcane, and the AC adapter uses 90% post-consumer content (PCC).
The lenovo ThinkPad Z13 Y lenovo ThinkPad Z16 will be among the first laptops equipped with the latest AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series processors for laptops with the Microsoft Pluto processor. Performance and security features go hand-in-hand, and Lenovo’s secure-by-design methodology is enhanced through its cooperation with AMD and Microsoft. Building on AMD PRO’s layered approach to security, AMD Ryzen 6000 Series are the first x86 processors to integrate the Microsoft Pluton Security Processor for powerful chip-to-cloud security on Windows 11 PCs.
Microsoft has designed and updated the Microsoft Pluton security processor and strengthens new Windows 11 PCs with protection for user identity, data and applications.
Lenovo and AMD Exclusive Collaboration for Lenovo ThinkPad Z
Additionally, Lenovo and AMD have collaborated to deliver cutting-edge platform design, optimizing every aspect of the system, from the silicon to the hardware and software.
In this sense, lenovo ThinkPad Z13, coupled with the exclusive AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6860Z processor, offers an extraordinary collaboration experience. The processor is optimized to deliver transparent audio and video performance, maximize responsiveness, and deliver incredible battery life in apps like Teams and Zoom.
For its part, the Lenovo ThinkPad Z16 it can also be configured with new AMD Radeon™ RX 6500M discrete graphics with AMD intelligent technologies that boost productivity, enable advanced content creation and casual gaming. When paired with Ryzen processors, AMD Smart Shift Max delivers an instant power boost for both CPU and GPU, and Smart Shift Eco is designed to maximize battery efficiency.
Design meets function
As we begin the ThinkPad 30th Anniversary celebrations, we are incredibly proud of the legacy and heritage that ThinkPad has achieved and our dedication to innovation for the benefit of the end user will continue for decades to come. We’re very excited about the significant design evolution in the ThinkPad Z series, but above all the ThinkPad Z13 and Z16 continue to echo the fundamental design and engineering principles with which the brand has become synonymous.
Key design and technology features have been integrated into the ThinkPad Z series to enhance the individual user experience. Minimalism is deliberately sophisticated and coveted. The screens have been optimized with ultra-narrow bezels and productive 16:10 aspect ratios. Audio and video conferencing is enhanced by a new Communications Bar that houses an upgraded FHD webcam with a larger 1.4µm sensor and dual-array microphones. A larger 120mm glass haptic ForcePad has been introduced that flows seamlessly with the glass palm rest for quick and easy input, and those familiar with the iconic red TrackPoint will witness a new functionality: double-tap on TrackPoint. to launch Communication QuickMenu for quick access to common camera and microphone settings.
“Our goal is to delight end users with a distinctive look using recycled materials and delivering on our promise of an exceptional experience; and assure IT departments of enterprise-class performance, security, reliability and manageability.”
Highlights of the Lenovo ThinkPad Z include:
- Aluminum and recycled black vegan leather, and recyclable bamboo and sugarcane packaging
- Communications Bar integrating an FHD camera with a larger sensor, e-Shutter electronic shutter for privacy and dual-array microphones.
- Highest screen-to-body (STB) ratio in the ThinkPad portfolio: 91.6% (Z13) and 92.3% (Z16)
- Larger haptic 120mm ForcePad.
- Rich display options, including 2.8K touch OLED on Z13 and 4K OLED on Z16, both with support for Dolby Vision® and blue light reduction
- Dolby Atmos® speaker system and Dolby Voice® AI noise cancellation technology
- New TrackPoint double-tap feature launches Communication QuickMenu for quick access to camera and microphone settings
- The Z13 is powered by AMD Ryzen PRO U-Series Processors with integrated AMD Radeon Graphics and Microsoft Pluton Security Processor. The Z13 is also available with an exclusive AMD Ryzen PRO 6860Z processor.
- The Z16 is powered by AMD Ryzen PRO H-Series processors with integrated AMD Radeon graphics or optional AMD Radeon RX 6500M discrete graphics, and includes the Microsoft Pluton security processor.
- AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series processors with Qualcomm® FastConnect 6900 offer advanced management and industry-leading Wi-Fi connectivity on the Z13 and Z16. Plus, Qualcomm® 4-stream Dual Band Simultaneous[i] (DBS) on AMD Ryzen™ PRO 6000 Series processors enables sustained low latency potential of Dual Station Wi-Fi, natively supported by Windows 11
- Preloaded with Windows 11
- fingerprint reader match-on-chip integrated into the keyboard for added security convenience