Salvador Sanchez, 27-year-old Argentine defender, is one of the great reinforcements of united coquimbo facing the 2023 season. The one born in the town of Tres Algarrobos, located northwest of the Province of Buenos Aires, has a more than clear principle: “There is something that is non-negotiable and it is delivery.”
The footballer who comes from FK Panevėžysteam of the Lithuanian First Division, and that also went through the Volos NFC and Ionikos from Nicaea in Greece, He told AS Chile about his first days in the country and his objectives in this new challenge.
“The first days have been very good. The leadership, the coaching staff and my teammates made me feel very comfortable from the beginning. That is important when arriving at a new club and also in a country that is not one’s own”.
– What motivated you to leave Europe and come to Chilean soccer?
– The experience in Greece was very positive, I managed to have a lot of filming in both years and grow as a player. They spoke to me very well about the project that was for Coquimbo this season, and the truth was tempting. The city, the people and the club’s facilities are very good, it’s something that adds up a lot when deciding to change clubs.
– You were part of the lower divisions of River Plate, what do you remember from those years?
– I spent three years at River Plate. Giovanni Simeone, for example, is in my category. I also made a good relationship with Lucas Boyé, who is currently at Elche. He is a year younger, but we lived together in the club’s boarding house and went to school together.
– How have the training sessions been in Coquimbo Unido? Do you trust that the team can have a good championship?
– The training sessions have been demanding, we have prepared ourselves well to face the tournament. A very nice group was formed, which in addition to working hard, enjoys day to day, and that is very important. I think the preseason friendlies were positive, we had good performance and results, but everything is to get to the best possible start of the tournament. I think we can have a good championship this year, as there are very good players and a great group.